2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
4 ounces vegetable cream cheese, at room temperature (1/2 of an 8 oz. tub)
2 cans (10 oz. each) refrigerated pizza dough
Loaded with iron and vitamin C, these hearty pockets make a complete meal.
1. Heat oven to 425 F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add beef, salt, and pepper. Cook beef, breaking pieces up with a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes, until no longer pink.
2. Drain and discard liquid from beef mixture; transfer to bowl. Mix in spinach, parsley, and vegetable cream cheese.
3. Divide each can of pizza dough in half. Shape each piece into a ball. On lightly floured surface, stretch and roll out each ball to form an 8" circle.
4. Place 1/4 of filling mixture (about 2/3 cup) on one side of each circle of dough. Lightly brush edge of dough circle with water. Fold dough over filling and press lightly with fingertips to seal; pinch edges together. With tip of knife, cut 4 small vents for steam to escape.
5. Place pockets on prepared baking sheet. Bake 17 to 18 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition per serving: 293 cal.; 13 g pro.; 11 g fat; 35 g carb.; 954 mg sod.; 30 mg chol.