New York Reuben
4 slices deli-style seeded rye bread
1 refrigerated bag (1 pound) sauerkraut
4 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing, plus extra for serving
1/2 lb thinly sliced corned beef (about 12 slices)
1/2 lb thinly sliced Swiss cheese (about 8 slices)
1. Heat broiler. Coat broiler-pan rack with nonstick cooking spray. Toast bread.
2. Gently heat sauerkraut in small saucepan; drain.
3. For open-faced sandwiches, spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon dressing; top each slice with corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese, dividing equally.
4. Broil sandwiches 4 to 6 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
5. Serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.Makes 4 sandwiches: Nutrient Value Per Sandwich: 512 calories, 33 g fat (11 g saturated), 29 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1,587 mg sodium, 112 mg cholesterol.