Chicken Caesar Salad
4 garlic cloves, crushed in garlic press
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 slices French bread (.75" thick)
lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 large head romaine lettuce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup plus 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 anchovy fillets, minced
1 pint cherry or yellow teardrop tomatoes, rinsed and halved
1. Prepare grill (medium heat) or heat broiler. In medium bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Brush half the mixture on both sides of bread slices; set aside. Add chicken breasts to remaining mixture in bowl; marinate 15 minutes.
2. While chicken is marinating, prepare lettuce. Discard outer leaves. Wash inner leaves and tear into bite-size pieces; place in large bowl (you should have about 8 cups).
3. Make dressing: In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, mustard, and minced anchovies until smooth; set aside.
4. Grill or broil chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through but still juicy. Transfer to cutting board. Grill bread slices 1 minute per side, or until toasted.
5. Cut chicken on the diagonal into 1/2"-wide strips. Cut bread into 1/2" cubes.
6. Add bread cubes and tomatoes to bowl with lettuce. Pour on dressing and toss well to coat ingredients. Divide salad onto four dinner plates. Arrange chicken strips over salad. Sprinkle with remaining 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese.Makes 4 servings: Nutrition per serving: 598 cal.; 40 g pro.; 28 g fat; 46 g carb.; 1,109 mg sod.; 82 mg chol.